The Australian Government's committment to slowing the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) requires the attention and action of all Australians.
What you need to know and do
'COVID-19 is a respiratory illness caused by a new virus. Symptoms include fever, coughing, sore throat and shortness of breath. The virus can spread from person to person, but good hygiene can prevent infection. Find out who is at risk and what you should do if you think you have COVID-19.'
Important information which will help you, your family and community slow the virus' spread is available at What you need to know about coronavirus (COVID-19).
This Week's Australian Government Announcements
- $1.8 billion boost for local government - Prime Minister Morrison (22 May)
- Press conference, Australian Parliament House - Prime Minister Morrison (15 May)
- Update on coronavirus measures - Prime Minister Morrison (15 May)
- Press Conference - Australian Parliament House - Prime Minister Morrison (14 May)
Updated: 10:54am - Friday, 22 May 2020
Australian Government websites
- Australia.gov.au (AusGov)
- Department of Health
- Department of Social Services - Disability and Carers
- National Indigenous Australians Agency