Community Development Program (CDP) changes – COVID-19
Changes have been made to the Community Development Program (CDP) to help keep jobseekers living in remote communities safe from Coronavirus (COVID-19):
Changes for CDP participants:
- Requirements for face-to-face services with CDP service providers have been suspended. This will limit travel within or between communities.
- Work for the Dole activities have also been suspended to encourage social distancing.
- To ensure jobseekers can prepare for restricted travel to remote communities and adjust to changes to the CDP, suspensions and penalties for CDP job seekers will be lifted.
- CDP service providers will not apply any job seeker compliance action, such as financial penalties, while the restrictions are in place.
Changes for CDP providers:
- Providers will need to maintain service sites and staff where travel restrictions to remote areas don’t impact on service delivery.
- Face-to-face appointments should be delivered over-the-phone where possible.
CDP Providers play an important role in remote communities. NIAA will support providers to continue to operate in the community while the community restrictions are in place.
Further updates will be provided as information becomes available.
For the latest information, participants should contact their provider.