Indigenous Business Australia Announces Bushfire Crisis Support
Media Release - Indigenous Business Australia
- IBA has created a $2,000 bushfire crisis grant for home loan and business finance customers directly impacted by the recent devastating bushfires.
- IBA is also temporarily suspending repayments for those affected and will assist customers who need help with insurance claims.
- Further assistance for business finance customers may also be available through IBA’s hardship support policies.
Indigenous Business Australia (IBA) is deeply saddened by the bushfires that are currently devastating communities around the country, resulting in the tragic loss of human life, homes, businesses, wildlife and bushland.
IBA provides home loans, business support and finance and investment opportunities for Indigenous Australians all across Australia. Customers in affected areas may face hardship as their lives, homes and businesses are under direct threat of bushfire.
To assist our business finance and home loan customers directly impacted by the current bushfires through loss of property or compulsory evacuation, IBA will provide the following support:
- Temporary suspension of loan repayments;
- Access to a $2,000 bushfire crisis grant to cover immediate needs;
- Assistance with making insurance claims; and
- Further assistance for business customers to be assessed on an individual basis.
"IBA is deeply saddened by the recent bushfires devastating communities across Australia. We know that many Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities have been directly affected and many people may be displaced as a result" said IBA Chair, Eddie Fry.
"Our teams have been reaching out to customers who we know live in impacted areas and placing loan repayments on hold where needed."
"We have created a $2,000 bushfire crisis grant to get immediate financial support to those directly impacted and will assist in the longer term with insurance claims and business support."
Minister for Indigenous Australians, the Hon Ken Wyatt, AM MP has expressed his full support for IBA’s bushfire crisis support initiative.
"The current bushfire emergency is devastating communities all across Australia and many Indigenous Australians are vulnerable to the immediate and ongoing hardships this disaster has caused," Minister Wyatt said.
"It is great to see organisations, including the IBA and ILSC supporting people when they need it most, and helping communities rebuild following these unprecedented natural disasters. I encourage any Indigenous Australians impacted by the bushfires to access available government assistance."
IBA customers who have been directly impacted by the current bushfire emergency are strongly encouraged to contact IBA on 1800 064 800 to discuss the assistance available.