You are here
deadly futures 2015
Job placement and community event - Come check us out
Date: 8 October
Time: 10am - 3pm
- Welcome to Country, traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Dance PLUS other entertainment
- Meet employers and job service agencies who can help with skills and training
- Check out the jobs board
- Over 50 exhibitors providing jobs and training opportunities
- Heaps of prizes and giveaways on the day
- Yarning Circle: listen to, share stories and experiences with our Elders
- Participate in traditional song and dance
Your future is our future.
Background: the North, North West and South Urban Participation Reference Groups have worked alongside the Brisbane City Council and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships around advancing the economic and social wellbeing of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population in Brisbane. The Deadly Futures Job Placement and Community Day ‘Deadly Futures – 2015’ will see real jobs and links to future work and training opportunities. We have invited over 300 high schools across the South East pocket and will have approximately 50 exhibitors providing jobs and or training opportunities leading to employment outcomes.
Outline: The event is designed to provide opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons seeking employment including further education opportunities. Businesses, employment service providers, education access providers and job seeker support services are coming together for this important day.
The aims of the event are:
- To inform employers on the available support and benefits of employing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
- To increase access to employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
- To provide an opportunity to profile your organisation.
- To provide an opportunity for organisation to network and promote their services.
The Deadly Futures Steering Committee invites you to join this exciting and positive day and enjoy the benefits that it brings to all.
The event will see key guest speakers, and a Masters of Ceremony that will promote your business / services throughout the day.
We will have Welcome to Country, Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Dance and other entertainment.
Take advantage of this opportunity to gain exposure for your business and gain opportunities.
Contact: Peter Peace
Mobile: 0415 973 243